By Allie Palm
Welcome back to school, and welcome back to germ central! It’s great being back but also very difficult because of the roller coaster of a ride you put your immune system through. Here are a couple easy ways of staying healthy and maintaining good health:
- DRINK. WATER. This has got be the easiest method. Drinking water allows your body to stay hydrated and replenished, and it also doubles as an easy way of cleansing your body.
- Wash your hands! This might be common sense to most, but seriously, wash yo’ damn hands. Washing your hands washes 99% of all germs from your hands, so further contamination doesn’t spread.
- If not washing your hands, then sanitize! This can be from sanitizing after contact with others or after a long day of class. Regardless, it’s important to keep your hands clean.
- Avoid those who are sick. This is another uh-duh one, but if your roommate is sick, then I highly suggest giving them their own space. If you share a room with them, then hit the gym, go to the library, go Uptown, go anywhere else but your room. Your room is a danger zone of germs!
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Staying healthy includes eating well, staying fit, and making wise decisions. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle will allow your immune system to strengthen against further illness.
Want more details on how you can stay healthy? Read here. Stay healthy and stay warm out there!